Maple Class (Year 1)
Welcome to Maple Class:
Mrs Marquis-Box Miss Clarke
Here you will find the Long-Term Plan for Year 1 for 2023-24.
This gives a broad overview of the themes and topics covered in year and relate back to the National Curriculum.
For more details about each subject being taught - click on the Curriculum page within the Parents Section.
Reading in Maple Class
In Maple Class children are expected to read a minimum of three times a week. Please make sure yellow reading diaries are signed. Children do not have to read the whole book each time - a few pages each time will really help them in class. Books will be changed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Discussion points/questions you could ask
- How is the character feeling?
- What happened at the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- What was your favourite part of the story?
- What word means the same as..?
- Can you tell me one fact about...?
PE Days - Tuesday and Thursday
Children must wear P.E kit on these days. Our school PE kit is:
- Red t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black pumps/ or trainers
- Children may bring black tracksuit bottoms for outdoor sports in the winter.
From ASDA you can get 2 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and pumps for under £9.
Children should not be wearing branded clothing.