Advice from Lancashire Public Health 19 October 2021
I have sent the following letter to all parent emails today. Please contact us at school if you need any further advice or guidance.
Dear Parent or Guardian
Update on current covid situation in school
This week we are seeing an increased number of positive cases of Covid-19 in some classes in school.
In light of this, I have sought advice from Lancashire Public Health, who have asked us to share the following with you:
- Tell us as soon as possible if your child has had a positive Covid-19 test
- Making sure if your child has symptoms of Covid-19 they isolate and book a test immediately, then follow the advice you're given when you get the result
- If your child has other symptoms or is not feeling well, then stay away from school as you normally would if your child was unwell, and please also seek a PCR test.
When booking a test online you will need to click the option that says: "My local council or health protection team has asked me (or someone I live with) to get a test, even though I do not have symptoms." If the result is positive your child will need to isolate. Follow the advice you're given when you get the result.
We have been asked to urge parents to get a test for themselves and their children if in any doubt.
Your child can still come to school, whilst you are awaiting the result of a test if they have no symptoms.
We can do the following to help children who are self-isolating or covid positive:
- provide remote learning on Showbie (if pupils are feeling well enough to access)
- provide a meal voucher for those entitled to benefit-related free school meals. (We usually provide this on your return but please contact us if you need it urgently.)
As we are seeing increasing numbers of positive cases, we are putting the following additional measures in place:
- Asking all staff and visitors to wear face masks
- Advising staff to increase the frequency of lateral flow testing
- Advising close contacts to take on online PCR test
We will of course continue with our enhanced cleaning, increased ventilation, and regular hand cleaning.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding and if you have any questions about these measures, please contact the school office.
Miss C Taylor